Wednesday, 16 March 2011

Nails Nails Nails...


As I mentioned in my last post, I've got a bit of a new thing for painting my nails. Until recently I've never really been interested, all the fuss of waiting for them to dry, only to wake up the next morning to find that half your nails chipped already. 

That all changed when a fellow blogger recommended an amazing product that made painting my nails a million times easier, and I haven't stopped since. In light of this I'd like to start a new feature 'reviewing' various nail products. Read on for my first installment...

  ~ Barry M Nail Effects & 17 Fast Finish in Knockout Red ~



I really liked the leopard print effect these two polishes created, once I'd finished painting my nails I couldn't stop admiring them. I loved the red base coat so much I almost didn't want to use the nail effects polish, but I was overcome by the excitement to try it and I'm so glad I did, not only does it look really unique, but it's so much fun to watch it crack and form a pattern. 

 ~ 17 Fast Finish in Tigers Eye ~



I love this colour and the really glossy polished look it gives. The polish was really easy to apply and took two coats to get the colour above.

~ 17 High Gloss in Raspberry Mocha ~



Another neutral tone that I'll definitely be wearing a lot more of this Spring, as with the previous polish, it applied well and took two coats to get the colour shown in the bottle. The second picture shows how well the polish has worn over a week. As you can see it still looks good, and this is thanks to the amazing product I mentioned at the start of this post.

Now I'm sure I'm way behind the times, but when Eli from Thrift Eye suggested I try Seche Vite fast drying top coat on a previous post, I'd never heard of it and wasn't even sure if I could buy it in the UK, but after a little research I found a seller on Amazon. Eli had said that when applied, this top coat dries your nails to the touch almost instantly and your nails are completely dry within a few minutes. It also kept my polish in great shape for a whole week.


If you haven't already tried this product I cannot recommend it enough. You can buy Seche Vite from Amazon for around £6 plus p&p.

I apologise for my dodgy cuticles (for shame!) and also for my lack of posting over the last couple of weeks. As I said in my last post, things haven't been great recently, but I really appreciate all you kind comments and messages, they really do brighten my day.

xxx

56 comments:

Nicole✗✗ said...

Your nails look beautiful!!! I love the first one!! I just recently bought the Black Shatter one from OPI and I'm in love! Great post!

Sarah said...

I must try some Seche Vite, and the Barry M shatter effect varnishes look so cool!
x

Alex said...

Aha, this may well be a miracle product! The sole reason why I don't paint my nails more often is because I hate the fact that the morning after you always wake up with weird wrinkly patterns in the varnish. I've never found a decent top coat so I shall defo be trying this out.

The Girlie Blog said...

Love the rasberry mocha color.

spookshowbaby said...

Ahh the crackle effect one looks so amazing! May have to get some tomorrow ;) xxx

Carla said...

I love the 17 polishes tiger eye looks like such a nice colour!

ellinelle said...

..what a great colours ..I love the brown polish , recently I fall for that shade , so original and chic..

Laura said...

Super pretty colors!I love the crackled affect of the black polish. I'm so glad you were able to post I've really been missing your lovely posts!
Take care!!! =)

thomessa said...

I love the look of crackled nail polish!! & the neutral tones look great!

Trees said...

wow! love those cracked/tiger print look nails:)

Angel In This Dress said...

I love the Tigers Eye colour :) But then I'm a big fan of Barry M's Mushroom and similar (ish) shades!

Your Nail Effects look fabulous with red! I'm wearing mine with mint at the moment but I'd love to try it with gold / silver x x

http://angel-in-this-dress.blogspot.com/

Jem said...

Oh wow, the Tiger's Eye shade is right up my alley!

Jem xXx

CameronPoe2409 said...

Your nails look fab and I love the colours you've chosen. I treated myself to some new polishes over Christmas and have started doing my nails more too, I feel it makes me feel a little more dressed up! Sorry to hear you are going through a hard time. Take care xx

StyleFrost said...

Love that brown 17 nail polish, lovely colour! Thanks again for the lovely gifts! xxx

Eli said...

So happy to hear that you got it! It seriously is a nail miracle in a bottle! I NEVER used to paint my nails and didnt want to bother because they always always smudged! There is another top coat by this brand called Out the Door that works very similarly. Hooray for nice nails!

Vanilla said...

So glad you are back! :) I have the barry M nail effects varnish too and I love it SO much :)Looking forward to the rest of this series

Love, Vanilla

F@WearItWithFlair said...

Oh I know ho cool the Barry M nail effects polish is!
So far all the reviews I've read about have been fantastic!
And it's soo cool just waiting for it to crack!
I wore it to school once and got a wave of compliments, although I did end up having to explain how I did it a gazillion times over!

xo
F

P.S Thanks for the comment!

F@WearItWithFlair said...

Oh and about the dress, it's Atmosphere at Primark. :)

Laura said...

ohhhh LOVE those nail colours, especially the "Raspberry Mocha".. so cute!

Love the graffiti effect too :)


xx

Ginger Snap'♥ said...

I have that barry M nail varnish and i havent tryed it with red before so il have to give that a go because it looks really nice!
Your comment made me laugh :)

http://www.gingerrsnap.blogspot.com/

Francesca said...

You paint so neatly! I love the tigers eye colour. it would go with nearly everything. lovely blog :)

http://opinionslave.blogspot.com x

Harriet said...

your nails look amazing! I am loving neutral shades at the moment - and I really need to get some of that barryM topcoat - it looks amazing!

Hazel said...

i love the crack effect! :D and those two neutral nail polish shades are pretty! sadly we don't have that brand here i think! :(

Closet Fashionista said...

Love the red crackle nails! :D
http://www.closet-fashionista.com/

Dilan Dilir said...

love the brown colour! :D

Camilla. said...

gorgeous nails

intothefoldfashion.blogspot.com

Sophie - Country girl said...

love your nails shots! I don't paint my nails too often any more.
http://cgdn.blogspot.com/

Kavery said...

The Black shatter seems to be a fave; I've seen it on many bloggers. And no wonder too!

Chelsea Lane said...

I love the crackle effect, and the neutrals you chose! they are so pretty :)

xoxo

Michelle Lee said...

love your nails and recommended products :)

Frickys said...

I kind of adore that nail effect!

steph anne said...

Nice!!! I can never paint my nails that good & neatly like you do with yours.

ryan said...

I love the red and black, something I must try!

Emma said...

the first one looks really cool, my boyf would love it he loves red and black hehe

Marcia B. said...

love this nail polish post! So yummy!

Monday to Friday said...

ohhh love the colours of your nails!!

xoxo

Julia said...

i love the barry m nail effects nail varnish - so funky! xx

Little Bo Peeep said...

the leopard print is cute! it's very eccentric, although i'm not a big fan of black and red. however, i absolutely love the neutral brown <3

Fashion Limbo said...

Makes me want to make an effort with my nails! I always wonder what's the point as it takes me nanoseconds to chip them, but the shades u have here are quite pretty. Very glad to read you again xx

Jewellery Bijou said...

Your blog is realy great!
hugs
Dorota
www.jewellerybijou.com

Jessica Mura said...

My favourite is the tird colour :) I hope to see you in my blog and if you like it,we can follow each other :D
http://onthemarry-go-round.blogspot.com/

Pop Champagne said...

the mocha color is really nice, it's rich like coffee!

Georgie said...

Love the neutral colours you chose, I need to stock up on some for this summer! Also I love the barry m nail effects too, they're now doing it in pink and blue as well, so want them!
xx

Charlotte Elise Jay said...

You have such perfect nails!!

I love the colour choices too :)

Char x

Kimia Kline said...

love these colors!!!

Louise said...

Wow I love the red and black nails xx

Jazzy E (hivennn) said...

so pretty. x hivennn p.s enter my giveaway?

Marie said...

I am loving all your neutrals!:D

***** Marie *****
allthingsmarie.com

Una said...

i like the second nail polish ! :)
xx

Vicky said...

The cracked nails look cool but it's nothing for me. I like the camel one better!

Vicky
new post: Back to girly:&
follow me

Miki Gumia said...

I recently moved to my new blog http://chicstylista.wordpress.com/ I just want to thank you for the nice comments you've posted to my old blog, I hope you will subscribe to my new blog, xoxo miki of chicstylista

Margaret said...

love that earthy colour
great blog!
loving the posts
stop by some time xx

Niki B. said...

LOVE the crackle effect. That's so cool!

x Niki
A Haute Mess

Raquel said...

I really like that first effect with the Barry M crackle.

Vicky said...

Very cool nails!!!

Vicky
new post: click here:&
follow me

v a m p i r e said...

i like what u did with the first nail design lol i never really dare to try something new :(

haha

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.

I try to respond to all my comments, but it may take me a while, so if you would like a quick response please feel free to e-mail me xxx