Thursday, 3 November 2011

Month in Pictures: October











I'm cheating a little here as some of these pictures were taken at the end of September, but I thought it was about time I filled you in on the goings-on in my life as it's been a while since my last update, and I'd quite like to make this into a monthly feature.

So without further adieu, last month I was:

Loving: As you can probably grasp from the majority of these pictures, I have a bit of an addiction to animal print, and it's gotten quite serious over the past few months. I've invested in a leopard print dress, scarf, sweater and I've finally got my hands on the perfect leopard print fur coat (don't worry I don't plan on wearing them all at once).

Loathing: Moving house, I finally said goodbye to my old place with a pizza and packing party. Unfortunately it won't be long before I'm moving again as I'll be unemployed officially on 10th November, so will move back to my parents house in preparation for my mini gap year. I've decided to do Singapore Vietnam and Thailand, departing early January. I have lots of other plans for my redundancy paycheck including finally getting my own DSLR, driving lessons and laser eye surgery, I seriously cannot wait for the New Year. 

Listening to: I attended Derby's annual outdoor classical music concert at the end of September with all my friends and a big fat pic-nic. As usual the music was fantastic, but the fireworks are always my favourite part of the night. I've also been listening to the Mystery Jets, Ed Sheeran and Christina Perri, not too surprisingly I'm really relating to her latest album, Lovestrong.

Eating: I've enjoyed lots of delicious food this month, but I wanted to pay a special mention to Jack Rabbits who have just opened up in Derby and serve the most amazing sharing platters (anti-pasti sharing platter pictured above) all completely fresh and well priced for the ridiculous amount of food you get. I also had the most amazing steak and home made chips at The Greyhound, part of the Brewery Tap group.

Buying: Technically not a purchase, but I decided to finally get my fringe cut again and re-ombre my hair. I'm now trying to decide whether to have it properly cut, shoulder length, like this picture, maybe a bit longer, what do you think? I've also been buying lots of new nail polishes and have a particular love for some of the new metallic shades currently on trend.

Watching: I've seen a few films over the past month, but most notably Crazy Stupid Love, definitely one of the best rom coms I've seen in a long time (I am now in love with Ryan Gosling) and The Help an amazingly inspiring story surrounding extraordinary women in 1960's South America. I may have developed a slight girl crush on Emma Stone, the leading lady in both these films.

Halloween: I've seen all your pictures, now it's my turn. On visiting my parents a couple of weeks ago, my mother pulled out this amazing vintage leopard print catsuit and suggested I could wear it or Halloween. Being in the height of my animal print addiction I couldn't refuse. I feel like a bit of a cop-out though as the idea of Halloween fancy dress is to look scary and I don't think I pulled it off, but I had so much fun dressing up.

Finally: My friend has just adopted a little foster kitten, with a broken leg, and I couldn't possibly not include a picture. Cute huh?

To summarise, this month has been pretty good and things are finally looking up, well, they couldn't exactly have gotten any worse. I still can't wait for this year to be over so I can start looking towards the future and make a proper fresh start. Only 51 days till Christmas!!

Lastly, I wanted to say a quick hello *waves* to all my new followers and a big big thank you to all my loyal readers, you make me smile every day.

xxx

Twitter                                     Facebook                                    Bloglovin'

25 comments:

Fashion Limbo said...

you are simply adorable in that halloween costume ;) Im really impressed with your plans for the new year. I'm making lots of changes in my life too, leaving Spain for London in January. Good luck with everything you do, stay safe and mostly stay happy...oh and I love your fringe xxxxx

Sarah Winslett said...

looks like a good month! i love all your halloween pictures :)

MADAM PATTY

Girlie Blogger said...

Love your little update. So neat how you separated your month into categories. Looks like a great month in your world.

www.geekettegazette.com
www.thegirlieblog.com

Lúcia said...

the pic with the cat is so cute!
xxxx

Sarah said...

The kitten is so cute! And I'm rapidly developing a Gosling obsession too!
x

Trees said...

Great photos - especially of the Halloween party! I love animal print too, but I don't nearly have enough of it. I shall be in Singapore for a few days end of Jan to early Feb - perhaps our paths shall cross? I am terribly sorry to hear about your redundancy and I do hope you find a new job soon xoxo

Vanilla - Notes from my closet said...

Leopard print really looks good on you hun! looks like you had a great Halloween party! sound like you have an amazing 2012 planned, I bet you can't wait :)

Love, Vanilla

musicandmollie said...

i love your nail polish and how you've only done the crackle effect on the middle one, it looks great :)

♥mollie from musicandmollie

kate louise. said...

Wow - looks like your October was fab! Amazing photos and I adore your hair hun! xoxox
PS: Ryan is mine!! :P hehe. x

lalalucy1000 said...

Love all the piccys, im also crazyy on animal print atm haha x x

CLAUDIA KITTEN said...

The kitten is so cute! I also have a slight obsession with animal print! Have a lovely time travelling!
Claudia xxx
www.claudiakitten.blogspot.com

Anna G said...

Oh, your kitty is so cute. I love how your did your nails. The crackle effect one is super cute.

Helen said...

i really want to see the help, the book was so good.

whitney said...

These photos are lovely! Your halloween looked like heaps of fun. Such great costumes!

Jessica said...

The anti-paste platter looks gorgeous, I love picky food like that. And I like that you've split your month up into different sections, good idea :)
And you really should get the rings from Lily, they're gorgeous and I always get complimented on them! And Graze have like Autumn specials in at the moment, like dipping sauce and biscuits, delish ^_^
xx

Phara said...

Looks like you had lot of fun (how cute is the kitten ^^) and good luck with all your plans, sounds exciting!
X

Sara Reverberi said...

Thanks for your sweet comment!This post is so nice, seems you had a great october!Love the kitten!Don't worry about your animal print obsession, it's common!

Celia said...

Looks like a great month, I love the look of your nails, they look so neat & shiny. Your travelling plans sound great, very envious!x

Leya said...

so much fun! lovely pictures! :)

Raquel Cotty said...

Looks like you had a great month!! mmm the food pictures made me hungry :)
Field Below - A Lifestyle Blog

Confessions of A Confused City Girl said...

Looks like good times!

~Sherine
Check out my blog, comment, and follow if you like!
Confessions Of A City Girl

Jenny said...

Love love love your halloween costume, leopard print is amazing! :) your mini gap year sounds so exciting :) xx

Tilly Macartney said...

Looks like you has a fantastic halloween! I love love love your nails! I'm going to have to try this myself!
tillymacartney.blogspot.com
Tilly M x

Sophie said...

The Halloween pictures look like so much fun, love all the costumes! The food is making my stomach rumble!
Sophie
x

Gerhard Engel said...

I am a big fan of fashion. check some articles from me
best makeup tips
facebook smileys

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.

I try to respond to all my comments, but it may take me a while, so if you would like a quick response please feel free to e-mail me xxx