Tuesday, 27 December 2011

Retail Therapy: Christmas Sales






Firstly I'd like to wish you all a belated very Merry Christmas and I hope you all enjoyed a wonderful day spent celebrating with your loved ones. Mine was spent a little lot hungover, but I received some lovely presents (more on those later), and loved spending quality time with my family and friends, and that (so I'm told) is what Christmas is all about.

So, as promised here is a small selection of the goodies I picked up in the boxing day sales...I have to admit I don't usually go shopping on boxing day, normally because I've spent all my wages on everyone else's Christmas presents and/or I'm still recovering from all the Christmas 'cheer'. This year was different, I finally got my redundancy pay check just before Christmas and it's been burning a hole in my pocket ever since. 

I decided to hit Boots first after admiring all the pretty Christmas gift sets a few days earlier. This was a mistake obviously, as although I managed to get lots of lovely things for half price, I then had a huge bag full of heavy gift boxes to carry around with me for the rest of the day! I picked up the 'cute or what' lunch box and flask ready for my new job (more about the job in my next post), although I'm starting to think perhaps I should have choose something a bit more grown up? I also got both the Ted Baker AND the Hello Kitty Liberty print gift sets, the Mark Hill Gorgeous and Glossy gift set, a pretty heart shaped storage box and this cute little teapot shaped kitchen timer (after my last timer melted on top of the oven). I spent £30 in total, which ain't half bad considering that I could have bought all these things two days earlier for twice the price.

I then went on to Topshop where I picked up a few things that have been on my wishlist for a while now, namely this Peter pan collar smock dress, this spot devoree pencil skirt and this pansy print tunic. I also bought this raspberry skater dress and an 'Illustrated People' scull t-shirt as well as a few bits and pieces from the jewellery section.

After a quick and delicious eggnog latté in Starbucks I had a mosey around New Look. I went straight to the shoe section, which I was a bit disappointed with as I was hoping the get some new boots, but alas it wasn't meant to be, so I went on the check out what was on offer clothing wise. Here I picked up a maroon skater dress, a floral print skater dress, a blush chunky knit sweater, a black pea coat with fur collar and a beautiful satchel that was reduced to just £12 due to a small scratch on the front (none of these items are still listed on the website unfortunately so I couldn't post any links).

I decided this year as a general rule to only buy 'classic' items in the sales, things that will last me beyond January, and I think I've actually been quite successful. What do you think? Have you picked up any sales bargains?

xxx

Twitter                                     Facebook                                    Bloglovin'

38 comments:

Andreea♥ said...

Great items!

Victoria said...

You got some really lovely things! Brave of you to go on Boxing day as well! hope you had a good Christmas & have a good NY! x

Jem said...

Im headed to Derby on Friday so see what I can pick up in the dregs of the sales - I just didn't fancy elbowing other people during the first couple of shopping days - was it terribly busy in the Westfield?

Absolutey love the things you've chosen - especially the peter pan collared tunic!!

Jem xXx

Lafashionfolie said...

great sales finds- it all has a very 1940s feel when put together

Sophie x

http://lafashionfolie.blogspot.com/

Girlie Blogger said...

Sounds like a busy shopping day. Nice to know you got some cool stuff.

http://www.thegirlieblog.com

Amber said...

looks like you scored some awesome loot!

Phara said...

Merry christmas dear! Love the coat, the white dress and that bag, so gorgeous!
X

Sarah said...

Glad you got some bargains!
x

Looking Fab in your forties said...

Some lovely bits there. I have never gone shopping on Boxing Day, in fact I still haven't been!

Trees said...

So glad to hear you got your redundancy cheque at last - must be a weight off your mind! I picked up a new blue suitcase and some underwear at the sales this year - but your haul is very impressive!

lalalucy1000 said...

Love the skull t-shirt looks fab. Great items you got x x

Sophie said...

I have completely failed on the sales front his year. I just brought a dress of ASOS, was working too mcuh to brave the sales!
You look like you managed to nab some right bargains especially in Topshop! Can't wait to see them all in outfit posts!
Sophie
x

Molly ♥ said...

Gorgeous clothes. I bought a camera in the sales (:

t said...

Nice haul!

http://initialed.blogspot.com

jemmalouise said...

i probably should have clarified than my mum actually made the crackers ha :) merry belated xmas to you too! you got some amazing bits in the sales. Can't believe I wasn't following you.. x

Megan Jane said...

Looks like you got some lovely items! I especially like the Topshop smock dress - very good buy. So very jealous that you had money to spend shopping in the sales. I'm yet to manage a year where I haven't spent everything before Christmas day!

Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
xo

Josie said...

Wow you got loads of bargains! Wish my sale shopping was as successful xx

Anna G said...

I need to head out to some more sales. I got some amazing steals at Marshall's in the US. I love your classic pieces from Topshop.

Tiffany said...

looks like you got a lot of nice stuff! I usually don't shop on Boxing Day sales either but I got a few things this year. & I totally agree on just purchasing classics - it really helps with preventing a ton of impulse purchases =P

Leftbanked.

Raz said...

I'm determined to only pick up real classic pieces too - I think you definitely succeeded. Love the cute lunchbox.

chelsea.jade said...

It looks like you got some great sale items! I love the bag :)
x

Victoria'sProcrastinationProject said...

Urm... you appear to be amazing at sale shopping. Excellent work.

victoriasprocrastinationproject.blogspot.com

cheyenne davide. said...

looks like you had a great shop aye!??

I still need to hit the sales, haven't left my house since christmas eve mann, I'm always kidnapped by my family I swear hahahaha xxx

SarahB @ FridayisForever said...

Wow, this stuff looks lovely! Loving the topshop collared top!! x

http://fridayisforever.blogspot.com/

Jenny said...

Looks like you picked up some lovely things! Glad you had a nice christmas, hope 2012 brings you all the joy and good luck that you deserve :) xx

Jessica said...

You were very successful! You found some lovely things! I love that Topshop peter pan collar top, and anything knitted, well.. I love haha!

Thankyou so so much for following me, now following you, I love your blog!x

Jess said...

I haven't been sales shopping yet, but I love your picks.

www.lookwhatigot.co.uk

Summer said...

Super cute things! <3 I love that Topshop blouse with the peter pan collar, I want one just like that!

Jessica said...

Looks like you were lucky with sale shopping, the sales by me haven't been all that inspiring this year! I love what you picked up though, definitely looking forward to seeing some outfits including the above :)
hope you had a great Christmas and New Year lovely, hope 2012 is good to you :)
xx

Ænne said...

Great floral prints!!

Kisses Anne

http://annenobody.blogspot.com/

Blonde hair, Blue jeans said...

love the bag in the first pics! :)
they're nice pics, beautiful "mess"

Mirthe said...

That looks pretty good. I love Topshop sale:)

Celia said...

Love your Topshop buys, I have the peter pan dress and love it x

Egle said...

I love that peter pan dress from Topshop.
http://eglesstylediary.blogspot.com
x

le monde de skadiida said...

beautiful items (:

xx

skadiida.blogspot.com

LPFashionPhilosophy said...

So pretty! Amazing finds! Love the collar detailing!

PS. We've a DORIS giveaway on our blog! Check it out!

ox from NYC!
-davie+erica

LPFashionPhilosophy

Alana Mitchell - anti aging skin care said...

Hi Victoria! nice blog. I would like to advice too... Every day, your skin is exposed to external factors like free radicals, wind, harsh weather, stress, and the ultraviolet radiation (UV) found in sunlight.
It will be highly appriciated if you could just add some tips regarding anti aging skin care to your blog.Keep up the good work.

Gerhard Engel said...

I am a big fan of fashion. check some articles from me
best makeup tips
facebook smileys

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.

I try to respond to all my comments, but it may take me a while, so if you would like a quick response please feel free to e-mail me xxx