Wednesday, 4 January 2012

Month in Pictures: December









Happy New Year everyone!! I'm a bit slow on the up take as usual, but better late than never right? I know so many of you have chosen to do a recap of the last year on your blogs, but I decided after the pretty awful year I've had that I wouldn't bother and instead I would look to the future, or at least my not too distant past, so without further a due, here's my December in Pictures...

Loving: Christmas and NYE and anything that involved a glass of wine in one hand and a sausage roll in the other! I had a surprisingly lovely Christmas, spent with friends and family and an absolutely cracking New Year thanks to all my wonderful friends. I took a few photos of the presents I received (nothing too gratuitous), I was genuinely surprised to get so many lovely things knowing that my parents budget was very tight this year. I really wasn't expecting anything, but my amazing mother went out and bought me so many cute little things; The Little Guide to Vintage Shopping book, The Complete Photographer book, lots of vintage sewing magazines, the scull pendant, that adorable sock monkey (from Socky Wocky Woo) and lots more. I also got that cute little make-up holder and the make-up to go with it from my lovely sister, the tea-cup and saucer and trinket box and tea light holder from friends and lots of smellies and chocolates from the grandparents, don't they all know me so well? I truly love every present I received this year, which is good for me because I'm a classic 'Rachel Green' when it comes to returning unwanted gifts, just ask my exes!

Loathing: I don't want to jinx it, but at this precise moment in time I can't think of anything that's particularly upsetting me, I mean I'd much prefer the weather to be nicer or to drop a couple of dress sizes, but in general things are looking up, which brings me nicely onto my next topic...

My New Job: Yes you read it right, I've managed to bag myself a new job!! I will be working for a Derby Estate Agent as, wait for it.....drum roll...'Senior Negotiator', sounds fancy don't cha think? I'm not entirely sure what that entails, I think the plan is to try my hand at a bit of everything and see what suits, but I'm very excited and to top off the good news I finally received my redundancy pay check from my old job just in time for Christmas so I can actually treat myself a little, which is well deserved I think...

Listening to: Lots of 'Top 40' lately and am in desperate need of some new music recommendations, although I've just discovered and am loving Noah and the Whale's Last Night on Earth album, and after 28 years on this Earth I am finally getting into the Smiths...!

Eating: This is one of the reasons I love Christmas, the food, proper Christmas dinner with all the trimmings, chocolate, various buffet nibbles, chocolate, ferrero rocher, other chocolate, oh and chocolate?

Buying: I decided to treat myself to a pair of GHD's with my redundancy money. I've been desperate for a pair ever since my last pair died about three (whole) years ago, and let me tell you, I am very happy to be reunited. I also had a massive blow out on boxing day in the post Christmas sales, to see what I bought scroll down to my last post or click here.

Watching: The only thing I really need to mention here is Submarine, the coming-of-age comedy drama and Richard Ayoade's (The IT Crowd) directorial debut. I watched it at the start of the month and I still can't stop going on about it. It is now firmly established in my top 5 all time favourite films, the script is amazing and the cinematography is breath taking. If you haven't seen it yet DO IT RIGHT NOW. I'm also getting seriously into House, I'm about to start Season 6, is it wrong to have a bit of a crush on Hugh Laurie (especially as an old Black Adder fan)?

New Years Resolutions: 1) To pass my driving test within the next couple of months 2) To watch all the Top 200 films on the Empire Greatest Movies of all time list (I'm doing this with a friend) 3) To move into a house that I love 4) To spend more time with my family 5) To not to spend money on the unnecessary.

Finally: I know I said I wasn't going to do a 2011 recap, but this year has been life changing for me in so many ways. It's pushed me to limits I didn't even know were possible and as they say 'what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger'. I would like to thank each and every person that has helped me through the bad times and dragged me back into the good times kicking and screaming. I love you all. Here's to 2012!

xxx

Twitter                                     Facebook                                    Bloglovin'

19 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy New Year my lovely! Amazing news about your new job, congratulations!
x

Life's a shoe said...

glad things are looking for you, happy new year!

Sophie said...

So glad thing are looking up for you m'dear! I am loving the velvet dress your sporting, it's gorge!
Heres to a healthy and happy year for you :)
Sophie
x

Phara said...

I'm reading the book now, Submarine, but I would love to see the movie. Oh, that book you got sounds amazing, a guide to vintage shopping, lovely, I'm going to see if they have it on Amazon ^^
All the best for the new year, dear!!
X

Anna G said...

I'm a big fan of the velvet dress. I'm looking for new music also. My favorite band called Cursive just released new tracks. Maybe you will enjoy it?

chlo witty said...

looks like a brilliant month!

chlo @chlowitty blogs
having a little giveaway too!

Caroline said...

Looks like you had a lovely time! I too am just getting into the Smiths, better late than never though eh! I think that John Lewis advert had something to do with it... :)

Emma said...

aww your christmasy things are so cute. love the velvet dress too

Lisa-Marie said...

Hurrah for your new job!
I was given the Vintage Shopping book too, it's lovely!

Happy New Yearlady!

claire (jazzpad.) said...

HAPPY NEW YEAR DARLING! It looks like you've got a lot to look forward to, especially your new job, that sounds so exciting! :) ♥ Claire @ Jazzpad

My Style Ideas said...

Congratulians on the new job! That s always a good excuse to do some serious shopping ;-)

http://mypersonalstyleideas.blogspot.com/

Hazel said...

happy 2012!! GOODLUCK with everything :)

Diana(Dina) said...

Love your blog, so I'm a new follower =)

Kathryn of the North said...

Submarine is brilliant isn't it?! I still can't believe Moss from the I.T Crowd directed it and the soundtrack is brilliant! xx

Nina said...

wonderfuk photos, happy new year!!

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Nina said...

meant to say wonderful lol

fashionableroad.blogspot.com

Carmen. said...

Pass by my blog,there is an award for you!;)
kisses

Alana Mitchell - anti aging skin care said...

Hi Victoria! nice blog. I would like to advice too... Every day, your skin is exposed to external factors like free radicals, wind, harsh weather, stress, and the ultraviolet radiation (UV) found in sunlight.
It will be highly appriciated if you could just add some tips regarding anti aging skin care to your blog.Keep up the good work.

Gerhard Engel said...

I am a big fan of fashion. check some articles from me
best makeup tips
facebook smileys

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comments.

I try to respond to all my comments, but it may take me a while, so if you would like a quick response please feel free to e-mail me xxx